Your data is your business, don’t lose it
Keeping Your Data Safe
We operate a flexible, powerful backup solution without software that, most importantly, provides instant restore.
The traditional way to backup data on servers, workstations and SANs is to use software. There are many examples out there such as Veeam, Asigra, Veritas, Avamar and they all have their unique functionality, benefits and use cases. However, they all suffer from two key restrictions:
- Backup jobs utilise the same resource as the service they are backing up often causing slowdown on the live service
- Restoration times are proportional to the volume of data being restored creating restoration times in the order of days in some situations
This results in your retention policies being driven by infrastructure restrictions (something we hate at iCloudHosting):
- Backup routines can only be run once a day, at night because of the impact on the live service
- When data is restored it could be as much as 24 hours old
- Restoration of data in the event of a critical failure could leave the business offline for days, even weeks
- It is impractical to test restoration procedures on a regular basis because of the volumes of data
Can your business afford to have such a risky approach to its data? Where would your business be without it? Would it still exist? Many wouldn’t!
Our backup service is enabled by default for all clients but customisable to meet your business retention policies:
- Minimum hourly backups operating on the storage tier
- Daily backups stored securely offsite with over 300kms of separation
- No impact on live service during backups
- Instant restoration of full VMs regardless of storage utilisation from any backup, even those stored offsite
- Instant restoration of files, folders or databases from any backup
- Fully customisable retention policies to meet your business requirements
- Extensible functionality to create new VMs from a backup for development work
- Unlimited restores so clear test plans can be actioned at any time
We host clients around the world, including in our own 60,000 square foot Data Centre in Reading, UK. Location matters depending on what you want to achieve and we can help get to the bottom of that.
Where do I start?
Please give us a call on 01582 227927. We want to hear from you and this is the best way to start out. We can ask you a few quick questions on the way to understanding what makes your business tick, and what it really needs. We want to save you money and make your business even more successful through the appropriate use of Cloud technologies.